Homemade Mango Sorbet. It’s very refreshing! I cannot hear the word ” refreshing” without automatically thinking of Kramer in the Jr. Mint commercial episode on Seinfeld. But it is the perfect word to describe this cold & creamy dessert. There are a few different ways to make sorbet, some ways include milk, half & half, heavy whipping cream..you get the idea. I decided to make mine dairy-free. My husband’s Lactose allergy is taking a severe beating during the 9 days, so I wanted to cut it some slack by creating a sweet & REFRESHING treat that he could enjoy, stomach ache free! I sprinkled some ground walnuts on top for extra vitamins and crunch.
2 fresh ripe mangos
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons coconut milk
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 small container of Rich’s whip
Yields: 6 medium servings
- Slice mangos open and scoop out fruit using spoon or melon baller. ( Scoop as much fruit as you can).
- Place scooped mango in blender, add sugar, and puree for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and lemon juice, puree for 10 seconds.
- Pour mango puree into a bowl, make sure to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the Rich’s whip, defrosted, into the blender and blend until the cream has started to form stiff peaks. Add mango puree to whipped cream and mix for 10 seconds, or until mango and cream are fully combined. Pour into a large Tupperware container or ice cream freezer can, and free for at least 6 hours.
- Serve using an ice cream scoop, and top with fruit, nuts, chocolate…you name it!