I know Spring has only really just begun, but I am clearly ready for Fall..hence the pumpkin! I have a few really tasty pumpkin posts coming up, so get ready and bookmark them for after Summer! I bought a huge can of Pumpkin, for a recipe that I ended up scrapping in the end, so rather than shove the pumpkin into my cupboards and forget about it for a while, I decided to have fun with it! The pumpkin I bought came in a 29 ounce can, that’s a LOT of pumpkin! I have created 3 amazing recipes using that one can, and I still have a little left. These muffins came out so moist, and my kitchen smelled the way Starbucks does in the Fall when they are selling their pumpkin spice lattes..to die for!
Cook time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 12 muffins
Pumpkin-cranberry & chia seed muffins:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin, canned or pureed
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup coconut milk, full fat
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 cup, fresh or dried cranberries
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (optional)
* Chia seeds are optional, I love adding healthy additions to muffins, breads, pancakes etc, but if you don’t have them feel free to leave them out.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray- set aside.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger and whisk until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, oil and coconut milk.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in chia seeds and cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full, and sprinkle a little vanilla sugar over the tops of the muffins. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Stay tuned for more pumpkin recipes!