BAKED SPAGHETTI. Enough said.
I made this dish last night, and thankfully have some left-overs to serve tonight before the fast of Tisha B’av, otherwise I would have to make a whole new tray! I love making pasta dishes. I make stuffed shells, manicotti, baked ziti, lasagna – you name it. A few days ago I was on Facebook, checking out Nina Safar’s pictures ( the most amazing kosher food blogger out there I might add), and she had this fabulous picture of baked spaghetti – I was hooked! I didn’t have the recipe, and rather than search online for another, I decided to just create what I thought baked spaghetti should be, and it rocked! It took me something like 3 minutes to prepare, once my thick angel hair pasta was boiled and drained, and my family was in heaven. Next time I think I will add some roasted peppers and onions for added color and flavor ;).
1 box Ronzoni Thick Spaghetti, boiled and drained
1 3/4 cups marinara sauce ( Barilla)
5 tablespoons cottage cheese, whipped
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Yields: 6-8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil spaghetti according to the directions on the box. 7-9 minutes ( until AL-dente). Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine marinara sauce, cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Add drained pasta to sauce mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan or baking dish with cooking spray, and pour in spaghetti evenly. Press noodles down and make sure there are no bare spots.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over the top of the spaghetti, and add 1/2 teaspoon oregano in pinches over the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 28-30 minutes.
If you’re fasting, have a safe and easy fast, everyone!