Here is a quick pre-Shabbos post…juicy and savory pan roasted chicken ( bottoms and breast) with leeks. I made this the other night, because I had half a leek left over from a delicious soup that I keep meaning to blog about. This chicken is super easy, perfect for weeknight or Shabbos, and very low in WW points + if you’re into that sort of thing..;-).
Pan roasted chicken with leeks:
4 large pieces of chickens ( bottoms or breasts)
3 cups of low sodium-calorie free vegetable broth
1 cup cold water
1 cup leek, chopped
dash of pepper & salt
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 65 minutes
- Heat up a large skillet and add vegetable broth and water, reserving 1/2 cup broth.
- Arrange cleaned chicken, bottom side facing down into the pan, pour remaining vegetable broth over chicken, followed by chopped leeks.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper over the chicken, turn heat to a medium flame and cover.
- Cook on medium for 45 minutes, turn flame to low and cook for another 25-30 minutes.
* The leftover broth and leeks in the pan make for a delicious cup of soup!!!
^ Before and after.